Membership Services & Benefits
Spring and Fall Conferences in New York City, covering the hottest issues as well as the most recent developments in plaintiffs' employment law. NELA/NY conferences are accredited. Most provide 6 or 7 CLE credits including one ethics credit. Members can meet their annual CLE requirements by attending the Spring and Fall conferences. Conferences are also held in Upstate New York and Long Island from time to time.
- NELA Nites - Evening meetings on topics of interest to NELA/NY members. CLE credits are often available.
- NELARS - NELA/NY's Legal Referral Service is the leading employment legal referral service in the state. Due to the number of people seeking referrals, NELARS welcomes attorney applications for panel membership.
- Legislative Committee - Lobbying, and drafting proposed legislation
- Sexual Harassment Committee - Review issues of concern to all members, recent developments in case law
- Judiciary Committee - Participate in planning social and CLE events for federal and New York State judges
- Document Bank - Access briefs, discovery requests and other documents prepared by fellow NELA/NY members online
- Discounted Services (Court Reporter and Appellate Printing Services)
- Mentoring - NELA/NY assigns mentors to members new to employment practice
- Amicus Brief Committee - The NELA/NY Amicus Committee seeks to intervene as Amicus Curie, to support its members, and advance issues important to employees
- Practical Help from Experienced Practitioners
- Expert Witnesses - search the TrialSmith databank, which includes expert witness depositions and Daubert motions, and other useful documents.
- The New York Employee Advocate Newsletter, published 4 times a year. Includes an update of NELA/NY activities, the latest developments in employment law, practice tips, and other articles of interest to NELA/NY members.
- 50% discount on NELA's three-volume practice guide, Employee Rights Litigation: Pleading and Practice published by Matthew Bender & Co. This publication covers all aspects of employment law, including statutory and common law claims, as well as a synopsis of the law, practitioner's tips and forms that have been contributed by NELA members. You must be a member of National NELA to recieve this discount.