Legislative AdvocacyNELA/NY Legislative Advocacy in the Press
Here's what you can do to help support New York's workers:
- (April 11, 2022) Debating NYC's Salary Transparency Law, Speaker, Legislative Chair, Miriam Clark
- (April 5, 2022) Testimony of NELA/NY's Legislative Committee Chair, Miriam Clark, in opposition to Intro 134
- (April 5, 2022) Crumiller Attorney Fights to Save Pay Equity Law at NYC Council Hearing
- (July 22, 2020) City & State New York: “State Legislature Considers Additional Whistleblower Protections”
- (December 14, 2019) The National Herald: “Simotas Honors Advocates Who Fought to Pass Sweeping Workplace Reforms”
- (October 8, 2019) WNYC: “New York Equal Pay Law Is Now in Effect. Some Say It’s Not Enough”
- (August 13, 2019) Pelham Examiner: “Cuomo Signs Biaggi-Sponsored Bill Expanding Sexual Harassment, Discrimination Protections”
- (August 12, 2019) Wall Street Journal: “Gov. Cuomo Signs Tougher Workplace Harassment Law”
- (May 24, 2019) The New York State Senate: “Joint Public Hearing to Examine Sexual Harassment Issues in the Workplace”
- (March 25, 2019) City & State New York: “3 Horrifying Harassment Cases the Courts Did Nothing About”
- (February 14, 2019) Times Union: “Key Moments from Albany’s Historic Conversation on Sexual Harassment [VIDEO]”
- (February 13, 2019) Spectrum News 1: “State Lawmakers Hear on Sexual Harassment, Misconduct in Government”
- (March 30, 2018) Politico: “Critics Say Sexual Harassment Package Not Enough”
- Get involved with NELA/NY's Legislative Committee by emailing the chair, Miriam Clark at email@example.com.
- Call and email your state representatives to advocate for causes you care about (find your rep).
- Attend a hearing in support of legislation or find a local event.