Membership Services & Benefits
Continuing Legal Education
- Spring and Fall Conferences in New York City, covering the most recent developments in plaintiffs' employment law. NELA/NY conferences are accredited. Most provide 6 or 7 CLE credits including one ethics credit. Members can meet their annual CLE requirements by attending the Spring and Fall conferences.
- NELA Nites - Evening meetings on topics of interest to NELA/NY members. CLE credits are often available.
Special Rates on Legal Services
- Bee Reporting Agency, women owned, offers NELA/NY members special rates. See Bee Reporting and let them know you are members for our rates.
- Transperfect Legal Solutions has provided excellent rates for NELA/NY members, click here to see full list of discounts.
- The Little Reporting Company will also offer our members a discounted rate, click here to see their services.
- NELARS - NELA/NY's Legal Referral Service is the leading employment legal referral service in the state. Due to the number of people seeking referrals, NELARS welcomes attorney applications for panel membership.
- Ask and respond to questions online with other NELA/NY members. Participate in an online community of fellow plaintiffs' employment lawyers, sharing practice-based experience and counsel.
- Meet other New York plaintiffs' employment lawyers, attend professional and social functions, as our annual membership appreciation event, annual benefit gala, mixers, softball game and other social functions.
Participate in NELA/NY Committees and Projects
- Our committees cover a wide range of legal issues of concern to our members, such as gender discrimination and wage and hour law; are actively involved in legislative initiatives affecting employees, participate in judicial selection panels, draft amicus briefs on important employee related issues and develop programming designed to support solo practitioners and to raise awareness of diversity, equality and inclusion issues in the legal community and beyond.
- The New York Employee Advocate is a newsletter published annually, includes an update of NELA/NY activities, articles on the the latest developments in employment law, practice tips, and other matters of interest to NELA/NY members.